Become a Docent!
If you enjoy learning about local history, interacting with others from all over the world, and are fascinated by the world famous Historic Mission Inn Hotel, you are encouraged to enroll in the Mission Inn Docent Training Program for volunteer docents.
- Classes are full for September 2012. 2013 Classes will begin September, 2013.
- Classes meet on Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 7-9 p.m. at the hotel
- Classes consist of lectures, videos, hotel tours, and discussions
- Topics include the history of the Mission Inn, Riverside, and Southern California
- Content includes many interesting stories and facts about the owner and founder, famous visitors, and movies made at the hotel
- Art, artifacts, and architecture of the Mission Inn are showcased
- Classes end in early May with a formal graduation ceremony
- New docents are expected to lead or to assist in four tours a month for two years after graduation after which they may conduct as few as one tour a month
We are no longer recruiting applicants for our 2012-2013 Docent Training class. However, feel free to submit an application if you are interested in being a part of this wonderful program in our 2013-2014 training class!
FILL IN THE DOCENT APPLICATION BELOW
DOWNLOAD THE DOCENT APPLICATION HERE! (Word Document)
You can return your application to the Mission Inn Museum in person, by mail, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on becoming a docent call the Mission Inn Museum at (951) 788-9556. Those who are fluent in a second language or American Sign Language are particularly needed.
Important Dates - All events, contact the Museum (951) 788-9556 or foundation office for more info.
Visit the Mission Inn Museum's "News" page for current events.
Docent Council Meeting, Second Monday of every month, 7 pm
Access the Docent and Front Desk Volunteer Scheduling Software: https://secure.volunteerschedulerpro.com/webterminal/login.php?user=MIFVolunteers
2012-2013 Docent Training Schedule
Docent-In-Training Schedule (Adobe Acrobat Document) (Revised January 2013) (NEW!!)